Happy Friday! I've had a great week and here's what I'm thankful for!
1. For the awesome woman that purchase a headband earwarmer on Etsy! Woot! I got an Etsy sale this week! #omg #boostedmyconfidence #ireallyneededthat
2. Timothy is back after Convocation - After spending a whole week apart, I was super excited to have Timothy back home. For date night we went to the Met Live's simulcast of Puccini's La Boheme. #sogood #cantgetenoughoperainmylife
3. Lenten Calendar - The United Methodist Higher Education Foundation sent us another Lenten calendar for 2018. I said it last year and I'll say it again. I'm so thankful for this piece of paper. Everyday while I working, I can take a minute to look up and quickly reflect on the day's task.
4. Chinese Food and Fortune Cookies - I didn't grow up liking Chinese food, but I love it now! Last time we had Chinese food, I got some excellent fortunes and I read them everyday willing them to come true. I love these daily reminders that good things are coming. #gimmeallthegeneraltsoandporkdumplings
5. Spring cleaning and decluttering - I mentioned last week that I am in a book club and our first book was The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. It renewed my desire to live a clutter free minimalist lifestyle. I've been getting rid of clothes, shoes, old beauty stuff, books, DVDs, etc. over the past week. I still have a long way to go but I'm looking forward to getting more accomplished in this area! #resisthoarding #letitgo
6. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - During my spring cleaning and decluttering, I started getting clothes and shoes ready to send to Thredup. I came across a beloved pair of jeans from college that haven't fit for some time. I never thought I'd ever wear them again, because they are super low rise. (Ladies, why in the world did we ever wear these?). #whaletale #plumberscrack
I've been hanging on to these for some stupid reasons. Maybe they'll fit again! Maybe they will come back in style! Maybe I'll do something else with the denim! Well, I finally got around to trying them on again. Guess what! They did fit but they were not flattering. #highwaistedjeansforthewin
7. Bullet journaling - In an effort to be more organized and stop having checklist papers everywhere, I started Bullet journaling. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I really like being able to have all my thoughts, notes, checklists and ideas in one place! #artistbrain #alsohelpskeeptheclutteratbay