Hey y'all! Sorry I missed last week. I was a little under the weather and didn't get my post done in time. This week, though, has been full of events. Let's go!
1. Road Trips - I sing with the Southwest Community College Choir #i'mnotincollege #itsmorelikeacommunitychoir Last Friday we participated in a collegiate choral festival at UTC celebrating the 75th birthday of Dr. Roland Carter. I will admit that I was not looking forward to it. I had to take a day off from work, and Chattanooga is a 4 hour drive from Lebanon. It was a lot of work, but in the end I'm glad I participated and grateful for the opportunity. It was really fun!
2. Cat Care - I'm so grateful for Diana, church secretary extraordinaire! She came by and took care of the cats while we were out of town for the choral festival. #shesthebest
3. Necessities Gourmet Foods in Abingdon, VA - Y'all! They started selling my cup cozies as well! My handmade good are in two retail stores now! How awesome is that?!?
4. To Do Lists - I just can't seem to function without them. Whoever thought of this was a genius. I have to make a weekly to do list of all the things I need to accomplish for the week. I also have to make a daily to do list as well. If I don't do these lists, then I wonder around the house aimlessly trying to figure out what to do. #andthatusuallyendsupbeingnothing
5. Birthday Week Celebration - I turned 33 on the 29th and we are still celebrating! #woot We stopped by the in-laws for the first celebration last weekend on our way home from Chattanooga. Timothy took me out to dinner on my birthday. Then to wrap it up, my family is coming up to Bristol to have lunch with me on Saturday. I'm so grateful to have family and friends that love me so much!
6. Birthday Presents - Who isn't grateful for those?!? I mostly received gift cards to Amazon which is super awesome! However, I don't know what to spend them on! I have so many things on my wish list. Do I get something practical like some new cast iron cookware? Or something frivolous like makeup/beauty supplies? Or shoes?!? I always want new shoes! I just don't know. #suchadilema
7. Speaking of Amazon, I think we can all be grateful for that fabulous online store! I live in a rural area and find that sometimes I don't have access to things I need. This mostly applies to craft and sewing supplies. For example, I needed to hem some jeans for myself and Timothy. Denim fabric requires an extra strong and sharp sewing machine needle and extra strong thread. Both of which I could not find at my local Walmart or Michaels. So I found what I needed on Amazon and had it in two days thanks to Prime! #holla
Thanks for taking to time to read my seven gratitudes! What are you most thankful for this week?