I've had a pretty good week. How about you?!?
1. Date Night - Every Friday we set aside time to have a date. My husband works really long hours as a minister. #12and14hourdays #cray So we don't see each other much during the week even though I work from home. Fridays are his day off and we usually go out to dinner and see a movie. Saturdays are usually for sermon prep so I'm super thankful for Friday date nights!
2. The Metropolitan Live HD - We found out that the movie theater in Bristol offered Met Live performances. So we went to see La Traviata recently and it was soooooo good. I was introduced to La Traviata as a teenager when I was invited to see the Knoxville Opera's production by my school's librarian. Since then I have seen it many times and even got to be in a show myself when I was in a young artist program in Italy circa 2006. The Met's live show was a minimalist interpretation and it was really moving and intensified the overall tragedy of the story. #performancesweretopnotch #broadedyourhorizons #getsomeculture If you live in an area that has these events you should seriously check one out. Click the image below to go to their website. The next two shows will be really good. I've never seen them but Anna Netrebko is in Eugene Onegin in April and she is amazing. Then for the last show of this season #hermajesty Renée Fleming #shestheBeyonceofopera will be in Der Rosenkavalier in May.
3. Naps - So important and thankful for them. #daylightsavings #sundaywasrough
4. My beautiful friend Ashley and her awesome husband Wil - We vacationed with them last September and had a blast. #jerseyshores Ashley and I have managed to keep in touch regularly through texting, instagram and snapchat. She posted this sweet pic the other day. #heartheart I'm so thankful for their friendship and hospitality! They are also in methodist ministry so it's been especially helpful to have a friends that know what's up!
5. Maker's Biz Summit 2017 - I just found out about this event and it has been pretty cool so far. #mindblown I've learned a lot about the craft business and have gotten some ideas on how to improve and grow. I hope to implement what I've learned soon. It goes through the 23rd so if you have a craft business (or want to) you should check it out! Click the image below to go to their website.
6. At home workout videos and Facebook challenge groups - My fiend Ashley introduced me to Beachbody. It's an MLM that has workout videos and a meal replacement shake. I've been doing the home workouts off and on for a year or so. I've really enjoyed them and it's nice to have the stress relief. One cool thing they do is Facebook challenge groups. The person you buy from, they are called coaches, will set these up and it is a way to hold yourself accountable to your workouts and nutrition. It's nice to be able to communicate with other people that are on a fitness journey and get motivation when I'm struggling. #upinthegymjustwerkingonmyfitness
7. Today is St. Patrick's day! - And I painted my nails to celebrate! St. Paddy was a pretty cool dude. You should look him up! #fromaslavetoapriesttoasaint
PS. Apparently today is a minor feast day which means I still don't get to eat meat. #hohum #nocornedbeef?